Related Sites
Related Sites
Driving licence

In Germany you need a valid driving licence to drive a car.

As a citizen of the EU or the EEA area your driving licence from your home country is valid.

With a driving licence from outside EU and the EEA Area, the driving licence is valid for the first six months of your stay in Germany. Within this time you have to apply for a German Driving Licence.

You will need to show a few documents, but they vary, depending on your home country.

For details of the application please contact the Driving Licence Departement (“Führerscheinstelle”) in Greifswald:

Ordnungsamt (Muncipal Public Order Office)
„Führerscheinstelle“ (Driving Licence Dept.)

Stadthaus Greifswald
Markt 15
17489 Greifswald
Tel. 03834 - 8536 -104 or -114 or -116

Office hours:

Monday closed
Tuesday 9:00 to 12:00 and 14:00 to 18:00
Wednesday 9:00 to 12:00
Thursday 9:00 to 12:00 and 14:00 to 16:00
Friday 9:00 to 12:00