Related Sites
Related Sites
Residence permit for spouses and children

If your spouse and /or your children will move to Greifswald as well, they need to have a residence permit and enough living space.

The "Rules of free movement of workers" give every EU citizen (employer, spouse, children) the right to live, work, to look for a job and to retire in any Member State for the EU. This applies also for citizens of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. (There are still restrictions concerning citizens of EU member who joined the EU in 2004).

If you are all EU citizens, you do not need a residence permit, each family member just has to register with the City of Greifsald.

Automatically residence permits will be given to children up to the age of 16.

The Local Immigration Office gives information on that topic, you can also contact the Welcome Centre Greifswald.